Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ashlyn the Ham


Not that we don't all know this already, but here are a few stories from this past week...

A few days ago, we were blowing bubbles in the front yard, and she spilled some in the garage. I got the hose and washed out the bubbles, but it was still slippery. I told her not to go over there or she'd fall on her butt. Well, sure enough, she went over there and fell on her butt (thankfully just on her butt). While we stayed outside and continued to play bubbles, she would periodically go over to the spot and say, "Fall butt. Fall butt."

She is reallly into the book, "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" right now since there are caterpillars everywhere outside...in the story the caterpillar hatches and goes around eating everything in sight then spins a cocoon and emerges as a beautiful butterfly. When we get to the part with the cocoon, there is a picture of the cocoon, which is just a brown thing the shape of the caterpillar. Everytime we get to this point in the book, Ashlyn says "poo poo." Which is logical, since cocoon kind of sounds like it and the caterpillar has just eaten a LOT of food. "No, Ashlyn, it's a COCOON." And she says, "poo poo" again and smiles.

Today on the way to church, Ashlyn was asking for her daddy, and I told her that daddy was at work on a big boat. So she says, "Dada, big boat. Dada work." And then she says, "Dada swimming?" No, Ashlyn he is working, not swimming..."Dada, beach?" No, Ashlyn he is at work on a big boat. :-)

Oh, and she is currently in her crib reminiscing about the time last week when she stepped in doggie poo and mommy washed off her shoes (she is saying, "Ashyn doggie poo. Wash.") She is a nut.

It's fun having a baby who can kind of talk.

2 comments:

Teri said...

You go girl! Did you ever know that you're my hero? You're everything I wish I could be. I could fly higher than an eagle. Cuz you are the wind beneath my wings.

Really. You are. I love you, man!

Adrienne Harris said...

This is an adorable picture of Ashlyn. How can I get a copy? I didn't see it in any of the online picture albums!