Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Obsessed with Sleep

Can I just say that since I had children, I have become obsessed with how much sleep I get? It is really becoming irritating how much time I spend trying to figure out the perfect schedule that will yeild the most sleep for all. I doesn't usually work, and instead of just letting go and accepting that this is a tiring season of life, I (insanely) continue to try to find a solution. I am stubborn, I suppose. Or just hopeful. (yeah, that's it!)

I have been successful at many other things, and so I assume that I will eventually find a solution here that works. But here's the deal: apparently, God wants to teach me a lesson because NOTHING I have done seems to work. I am really praying about this right now, hoping that by God's grace I will eventually accept the sleep situation. Getting up at 5:30 AM every day isn't that bad, I guess...they do sleep all night until then...WHAT AM I SAYING?!? That is the hard part. I don't want to accept it! So therein lies my struggle. Trying to accept the unacceptable. Anyone relate?

No comments: