Monday, September 22, 2008

Matthew has arrived!

Well, we now have TWO kids! It's kind of crazy thinking of it like that. Not that we weren't a family before, but now we REALLY are. Matthew was born on September 12th at 12:08 PM after a fairly quick and intense labor. We managed to do it without drugs, which was great. And this time, I was so much more relaxed and I really was in awe the whole time just experiencing it. I really felt like the Lord was with me. He weighed 7 pounds 3 ounces and was 19 1/2 inches long. He has been nursing very well (he's quick!) and sleeping well also. Today we had a check-up for the little guy and he's already regained his birth weight and then some. He weighed in at 7 lbs 8 ounces. What a champ!

Ashlyn is having a bit of difficulty adjusting to her little brother...or maybe it's just adjusting to less of Mommy's attention. It's tough. She's teething two molars, daddy is at sea, and now this! What is a girl to do? (Unfortunately, the answer is: To Whine. A Lot.) I'm doing my best to spend one on one time with her and reassure her, but I honestly think most of the trouble is those darn molars. When they do finally come in, we're totally having a huge party. She has had such trouble teething.

Matthew is very snuggly (he's currently snuggling his Grandma Wendy downstairs). He sleeps well at night, waking every 3 1/2 to 4 hours to eat. We're getting some sleep. Hopefully we will get into a good groove before Grandma has to leave. I'm a little bit apprehensive about her leaving and being on my own for a few weeks before Mark gets back, but I know that God will give me grace for that, too.

3 comments:

Teri said...

Awesome post. Thanks so much for the update and the video! More! More! More! I love you!

The Brace Family said...

love it!! wish we had video what camera do you have...?
anyhoot ! hang in there! wow impressed!! target week 2!!!

Adrienne Harris said...

Matthew is such a sweetheart! Love, Mimi (Grandma Adrienne)