What a day! It began around three, I think, when Matthew had a hard time getting back to sleep after a feeding...at 4:20, I decided to prop him up on pillows and hold him...we did that until about 5:30, when he woke up. I finally got him back to sleep at 6:30 and slept long enough to have a dream about Ashlyn climbing out of her crib to come and get me. I woke up to "Mooooommmy! Moooooomy!" at 6:45.
After breakfast, Ashlyn and I went outside to mark the sprinkler heads for the re-seeding that was supposed to happen today (it didn't). And I ran into a spider web. Gross, but no big deal...until I ran my fingers through my hair and they got stuck in a web and something else. I flipped my hair over my head to look and saw the spider's next meal (a bug wrapped up in web) in my hair. GROSS! I had showered last night, but the first thing I did when we got in the house was shower again. YUCK!!!
So then Mr. Matthew wakes up and proceeds to be overtired and cranky all day long. He would not sleep unless I was holding him...and as soon as I would put him down (unless I'd held him for over 30 minutes), he would wake up. So he had a mid-day nap when I was able to hold him for a long time since Ashlyn was napping, but other than that, he only got to catnap. Finally when I had to put Ashlyn in the bath, I decided to just put him in his bed (because by this time I was so frustrated with him it was just a good idea for all involved). He screamed for about 10 minutes and has been asleep since (about an hour and a half). So he is about 2 1/2 weeks old and has had his first "cry-it-out."
This was the day I was dreading when I realized I'd have a newborn and a toddler with my husband out to sea for awhile. I guess I'm glad it happened because now I know we can survive it!
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I can so relate, sister. Seriously. Hang in there. You're doing an AWESOME job! I know that you're doing an awesome job because all three of you are still breathing at the end of the day. That's all that matters in this stage! :) I love you!
Oh..and yes, totally gross about the buggy junk in your hair.
Post a Comment