Saturday, October 18, 2008

Getting into the Swing of Things!


Well, here we are, five weeks later...finally beginning to figure things out. Matthew is doing amazing...he's already over ten pounds and he's grown over three inches since his birth. That makes sense with all the eating he's been doing! We are starting to figure him out a bit and have learned that he naps very well if he's put down early enough (so much like his big sister!). He is still nursing every 2-3 hours during the day and every 2-4 hours at night. Last night was our best night EVER! He gave me three long stretches of 3 1/2 to 4 hours each. I got eight hours of sleep (in three stretches). I feel so much more human (but not quite altogether normal).


Mark is at sea for two weeks and my dad is flying in to the DC area from Bermuda for a few days, so I have taken the opportunity to come up to visit. I'm staying in Annapolis with my in-laws and my dad will stay here tomorrow night, too, so we can have a nice visit. I'm really looking forward to it especially since I haven't seen my dad in over a year!


Ashlyn is doing great as a big sister. She is bag to her normal self and is more independent (thank the Lord!). She helps give Matthew a bath and tells me when he's crying (and sometimes she'll tell me what's wrong with him: either he's hungry or he has gas). Funny girl.


The video is of Ashlyn (and her bunny and doggie) playing the piano at my in-laws house. She made such a racket she woke up her napping brother. Oh well!


3 comments:

Teri said...

Hunter is SOOO interested in seeing Ashlyn! I'm glad that things are getting into a normalcy mode for you. Thanks so much for the update!!!! I love you!

Adrienne Harris said...

Ashlyn is such a talented little girl, playing the piano like that with no lessons. Her daddy Mark used to be quite a good pianist; perhaps he could give her some lessons.
Love, Mom Adrienne

Anonymous said...

We too believe that doggies and bunnies are the best pianists. Way to go Ashlyn for having such great music friends!