Monday, November 10, 2008

Ashlyn's Second Birthday!


I can't believe I have a 2-year-old! Ashlyn turned two on October 31st and we had a party for her the next day. It was supposed to be a costume party for the kids, but most of the kids took off their costumes after the first five minutes (Ashlyn never would wear her bunny ears)...so I was the only one in costume. :-) It was a fun party, though. The attendees were: Ashlyn's best buddies from church and playgroup, Grandma and Grandpa Harris, our neighbor Susan and her daughter, Haley (Ashlyn's babysitter), Haley's boyfriend Zach, some friends from the ship and mommy, daddy and Matthew, of course. Zach and Grandpa were the live entertainment, and the balloons were a big hit, too. I saw Zach getting pounded with balloons by enthusiastic four-year-olds almost incessantly.


I made the bunny cake, and even though Ashlyn opted for ice cream instead, she still mentions the bunny cake on occasion. She liked it. I think her favorite gift was a little purse that her Great Grandma Ruth sent...she was carrying it around for days afterwards saying, "I'm going shopping!" And when we asked her what she would buy, she said, "Pancakes and ice cream and brownies." Whoever said to keep your kids away from sugar as long as possible was sooo right!

4 comments:

Teri said...

Thanks for the sugar reminder. I'm gonna try a lot harder with Nathanael. Hunter has been glomming the Halloween candy...not a lot, just one or two pieces a day and he's already decided that he doesn't like bananas anymore. Nice.

Anonymous said...

This is cute...but it's time for a new video. How about one where they break something of Mark's? That would be entertaining!

Teri said...

Time to update your blog, cuz!!

Teri said...

Hey man...TIME FOR A NEW POST!!!!!!!