After lights out the other night, Mark and I were cracking up reciting Ashlyn's favorite things to say. For example: "Turn wight on," when we get up in the morning or "It's durwy (dirty)" when her favorite cup is in the sink. Also, when her baby brother is in the swing: "Turn mobile on" or "The mobile stopped." She's the mobile police; she never lets it stop.
Randomly throughout the day, she says, "I like chocolate?" Really, she means that she would like some chocolate...it can't hurt to ask, right? Over the past several weeks, her daddy has been home and she's seen him a few times without his shirt. Guess what she says? "Daddy no have boobies no nurse Maffhew." Gotta love that.
We have been letting Matthew cry a bit at night...since Thanksgiving that boy has been waking up about every three hours at night. Talk about a relapse! I humored him because at first he had a cold and then I thought maybe it was a growth spurt. Any growth spurt he might have been having is surely over now, so we are going for a 5 or 6 hour stretch like he used to do. The first night was miserable...he cried for almost 2 hours. The next night was much better, about 10 minutes. I am feeding him around midnight and then around 5. I feel so much better with a long stretch of sleep. And that stinker will smile at me and want to play each time he is up. He is such a sweet smiley boy!
Saturday, January 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment