Matthew likes his rattle socks (from Auntie Meredith) and had a nice morning nap. Mark is already halfway through his first James Bond movie...I bought him a box set of the old ones for Christmas. Mark tutored me on ho
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Merry Christmas!
Today we celebrate the birth of our Savior! We have had a nice morning, which began blessedly late (for us). The kids woke up at 7:00 and Ashlyn was pleasantly surprised to see Grandma Wenny who flew in last night (Greg flies in today). We all came downstairs and Grandma played with the kids while Mark and I whipped up some waffles and bacon for breakfast. Real bacon, too. Hey, it's Christmas!
So then it was time for presents...I suppose in the future I will have to make muffins or something the night before because I know the kids may not have patience for making breakfast...hmmm.
Ashlyn was not very excited about opening up gifts and got rather bored. She went into the kitchen and sat at the table saying, "I want to do crafts." Then we busted out her easel. When she saw the picture on the box, she immediately wanted to paint and was very eager to put it together (see picture). She had a very good time painting and drawing with chalk on the other side. I am going to wish we had bought the drop cloth, eventhough it will be used only in the kitchen under supervision!
Matthew likes his rattle socks (from Auntie Meredith) and had a nice morning nap. Mark is already halfway through his first James Bond movie...I bought him a box set of the old ones for Christmas. Mark tutored me on ho
w to use my new Ipod; he also tutored Grandma Wenny on how to use her new digital camera...he's the tech guy around here! Anyway, we are grateful we could do our share in bolstering the economy :-) I keep reminding myself of why we exchange gifts: to remember the greatest gift we could ever receive. Salvation through the blood of Jesus! We hope to spend the rest of the day relaxing and making room in our heads to meditate on what was done for us when God sent his son Jesus to earth. Merry Christmas, everyone!
Matthew likes his rattle socks (from Auntie Meredith) and had a nice morning nap. Mark is already halfway through his first James Bond movie...I bought him a box set of the old ones for Christmas. Mark tutored me on ho
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment