It is so hard to be a mom these days. Not that my mother and her generation did not have any struggles, just different ones. I am talking about the sheer amount of choice I am faced with every day in how to spend my time. Finding better, healthier recipes to feed my family, researching toys and activities to provide the most stimulating environment for my children, doing the basics around the house, organizing memories, sharing encouragement and information through a blog.
If one friend is very good at cooking, I adopt that standard for myself. And if another is very good at creating activities for her children, I adopt that standard for myself. And if another is very good at something else, I adopt that as a standard for myself too. Before you know it, I am trying to achieve the same standard that it takes five women's time and talent to do! Did the Lord place this yoke upon me or did I willingly take it from the world?
What does the Lord require of me? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with my God. That's it. Now that is a yoke that I can live with. Again, God's word breathes sanity into my life!
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment