Matthew is walking! He took his first unassisted step yesterday and will walk if he's holding on to someone's finger. He also has four words now: mama, dada (or daeeee!), hi, and--yesterday--ball! I think I may have heard him say "poo" at an appropriate time a few times, but I'm not sure. When will he say his sister's name?? We are trying to push his bedtime back so that he doesn't wake up so early. We are having some success so far, but the darn creaky floors are a problem. He can clap his hands, and signal when he is all done eating. When Matthew wants something, he reaches for it--both arms outstretched-- and he kicks his feet and says, "Mm, Mm, Mmmmm." It is pretty clear what he would like.
Ashlyn said her first official prayer on Monday. I was having a rotten day and was unbuckling her from her carseat, muttering about how we were running late, and she said, "Mommy, should I pray for you?" After I said yes, she said, "Dear God, please help mommy be nice to mommy." Can you believe that?? Sweet little girl! She knows all her letters and the sounds, with the exception of two or three that she mixes up, and she can count to 12. She also has a few books memorized...it is really cute to watch her read her version of Goodnight Moon or Fancy Nancy.




2 comments:
Great to see a few pictures of the kiddos!
We had the same problem with Dexter on the noise and sleeping. Our solution was a noisy fan in his room to create some white noise. Worked like a charm!! Now Emerson has one too.
Yaaaa! Matthew! You will be running around everywhere in no time at all, and then what will your parents do? We are so proud of you and were thrilled that we could help celebrate your first birthday! Love, Grandma Adrienne
Post a Comment