Thursday, March 25, 2010

They Like Each Other!!

Everyone told me that it would happen...but I was beginning to doubt. Matthew has always adored his big sister, but since he began walking (and taking her toys) she has been mostly irritated with him. Finally, she seems to be seeing that having a little brother can be fun! She has been playing more and more with him lately, holding his hands and dancing with him to music, feeding him dinner (tonight she got him to eat curry...I don't think he'd do this for me), washing his belly in the bathtub. It's pretty cute.



Of course, eventhough they seem to be enjoying each other more now, it isn't always a picnic. For example, the last time we were at the Commissary, Ashlyn would not stop leaning on Matthew, which led to her being in "time-out" in the regular part of the cart versus the car-part, where Matthew was. Either Matthew was upset about being left alone to drive or he was taking his revenge for his sister's abuse, but he decided to throw pink bunny overboard at some point. I didn't notice until we were at the check out, of course. Then our bagger waited, impatience mounting, as we checked all three possible lost and founds (the bagger needent have worried...I planned on double-tipping the whole time). We fortunately found pink bunny and since have resolved that bunnies need to stay in the car or at home...which is good since we need to break the "bring the bunny everywhere" habit anyway.



Matthew has learned how to escape his playpen, which we affectionately call "jail." He is just full of mischief and lately has given himself some nasty bruises. Poor kid. I feel so bad, but at the same time I hope he will learn to not be such a dare devil. He surprised me the other day by counting to five after I began counting. He knows a few colors too.



Ashlyn has begun to do "chores" and has a chart and a piggy bank, which she picked out. She is sooo excited about her chores now. She makes her bed, puts her toys away, helps sweep, helps dust, and helps do "windex." She's such a great helper.



We are REALLY looking forward to the weekend since Mark has been away a lot and he won't be traveling for awhile. We will almost certainly go to IHOP Saturday morning, where the waitresses recognize us and Ashlyn acts like a rock star. Last weekend, when daddy wanted her to eat more of her eggs, she said, "But daddy, my tummy is full of eggs but it's not full of pancakes."



It is a fun season, and as long as I am in a good mood, things seem to go smoothly. Which means I need to get to bed on time...which means I need to head that way now.

No comments: