In other news, Matthew continues to learn new words every day and can carry on a regular conversation (at least with me, he can). You have to listen pretty closely, but the boy can sure talk--in sentences too! Our first "conversation" was way back in late April...we were in the basement playing and he heard a bird. "I hear bird," he says. "Where is it? Do you want to look outside to see it?" I ask. "Yeah." He was convinced he saw it (I didn't). "I see bird!" he says, "Bird right there!" He can count also to ten and his new favorite video is the Leapfrog Letter Factory. He asks for it by saying, "A says Ah!!" or "Toe-tapping T." Fun times. He's a very sweet kiddo and this is a fun age--new things every day.
Ashlyn is getting good at writing her name and is always saying something amusing. It's like playing telephone. You have to be VERY careful what you say. Although it doesn't seem to matter...it will get filtered no matter what. For example, I said earlier today that I would like to take the kids to the pool before the new baby comes next month and later on the phone, that became, "Mommy wants to stay in the pool until the new baby comes." Not a bad idea, actually...
About a week or so ago, we were rushing out the door to go to the grocery store. Matthew had been drinking chocolate milk, so he took his cup with him in the car. I quickly got Ashlyn a cup of water--what was I thinking? Drama ensued about five minutes later. What does Matthew have in his cup, mom? Uhhhh....oh no! She can really be dramatic. Mark and I were shamelessly laughing while she carried on about how she wanted chocolate milk, too. Poor kid. It's a good thing Matthew is so good at sharing. He willingly shared his chocolate milk with his distraught sister. Next time, I will be more careful about such things!
Ashlyn is also in love with the ice cream truck. She discovered it last month and now--almost daily--asks if it will come by tonight. She has been doing chores (making her bed, picking up her toys, helping me sweep, dust, water plants and "do windex") and getting a little bit of money for it, so the first time she got ice cream from the ice cream truck, it was her own piggy bank that was raided.



1 comment:
Ashlyn looks like she had a blast in dance class. That is so cute how she works around the house to save up for icecream. Annelise has not yet been introduced to the icecream truck.
Matthew sounds like he is growing up so fast. That's great he can have conversations with you!
Post a Comment